Tuesday 1 November 2005

Beginnings




In one of my recent visits to Buenos Aires I met an old friend who gave me a 1961 catalogue of a festival of Argentinean animation. I found in it images of my first animated commercial. I designed and animated it in 1960 when I was only sixteen. It advertised a fun fair in a coastal town of Argentina. Sitting at the desk is my colleague Ricardo Boquete. The desk was mine and the drawings he handles too. There is on the desk a storyboard for an Eveready commercial I was working on at the time. I can't remember why I wasn't photographed instead of Ricardo...Probably because I looked a bit of a mess and the photographer didn't want me to ruin the studio's image.

2 comments:

  1. I visited Argentina earlier in the year, Buenos Aries is a wonderful city - hot & steamy. Passion runs thick in the air. Went to Necochea too for a friends wedding - Manuel Duboe - good graphic designer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for those unfamiliar with Mat Jones,
    he' a twat

    ReplyDelete